Corsair Community

AsRock 775i65G wont run VS512MB333

jamcoops

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help? I have just rebuilt on of my kids PC with the following components:

AsRock 775i65G motherboard

Intel Celeron D 331 processor

It all runs perfectly with the memory stick I had to hand (Dane-Elec D1D333 064325I PC2700U-25330 256MB) however, when I try to run with either, or both, the VS512MB333 sticks I purchased, the machine will start and run but no image will appear on screen (including boot screens) no signal to monitor. I have tried with both the complete system and a cut down version with no cards or other items connected. If the original memory is replaced the machine will again run fine. There are also no warning beeps.

Any ideas before I send the memory back?

Many thanks,

Mark

First thing you do not want to mix the two together. your original RAM uses x32s or lower density chips. The VS part should use x64(check if there are chips on one side or both sides, if one side x64MB) You will need to clear the cmos before installing the VS RAM so your motherboard will recognize the new chip alignment.

Many thanks for your reply...however:

I did try this as soon as there was a problem and I have just tried again to be sure. Still the same issue; the CMOS had cleared correctly as when I put the original RAM back I had to reset the date time etc....

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Mark

Thanks again....

Updated the BIOS and this has helped. It will now run one of the VS512 modules. However it will still not run both together; swapping sticks proves that the modules are OK.

I have had a look in the BIOS menu and the memory settings seem to be the correct ones but I am still stuck with 512MB instead of 1GB.

Any moe ideas?

Regards,

Mark

Archived