Corsair Community

Bad Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO?

Madduxx

I recently had issues with my system that's worked fine for 2+ years, and went ahead and ran memtest86+ to check to see if it might be my Corsair RAM. Indeed after testing I found that one of my sticks was causing many errors according to Memtest. When I removed the one causing issues and left the other two no errors came back. So of course I believe it has problems and would like to request a replacement.

Visiting Corsairs website and following the warranty instructions I know I need an RMA for a replacement. Can someone provide that?

Let me know what I need to do, or if there is other things I can try to fix things.

Thanks!

System Specs:

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Nvidia nForce 2 Motherboard

AthlonXP 3000+

512 Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR400 XLPRO x3

GeForce 6600 GT

Western Digital 100Gig HD 7200RPM

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Sure.

2.17 GHz

333 FSB

Settings for CPU:

CPU External Freq 166 MHz

Frequency Multiple Setting 13.0x (auto)

System Performance - Optimal setting

Settings for RAM:

Memory Frequency by SPD - resulting frequency 200MHz

Memory Timings - Optimal setting

SDRAM Active Precharge Delay 6

SDRAM RAS to CSA Delay 3

SDRAM Precharge Delay 2

SDRAM CSA Latency 2T

All the BIOS settings should be default unless I disabled things I'm not using (i.e. floppy drive, etc.)

That help? The other two exact same Corsair RAM seem to work great btw. It's just this one causing issues/errors.

Thanks!!

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but with a 166 MHz CPU or faster with this chipset the memory frequency has to be in sync so please try these settings and test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

Settings for CPU:

CPU External Freq 166 MHz

Frequency Multiple Setting 13.0x (auto)

System Performance - User Define

Settings for RAM:

Memory Frequency 100%

resulting frequency 166 MHz

Memory Timings - Optimal setting

SDRAM Active Precharge Delay 6

SDRAM RAS to CSA Delay 3

SDRAM Precharge Delay 2

SDRAM CSA Latency 2T

My understanding of SPD (Serial Presence Detect?) is the BIOS can read information off the RAM and tune the system bus and the timings for a perfect CPU-RAM performance. That's why I used the SPD settings. Talk about not perfect. :roll:

Regardless, I made the changes and ran the test again and still get errors.

Archived