Corsair Community

Asus P5n32-e Sli Plus

MB42

OK, I'm getting mixed answers via the Internet regarding Corsair modules.

My basic question is - for any given module is that specific module Registered, unbuffered, ECC or non-ECC??

Even when I look on Corsair's web site or specifications - what do you know - nothing is mentioned? What gives?

I did see one article say that all of Corsairs are non-ECC and unbuffered - but where is it written by Corsair that this is true.

I'm probably just not looking in the right place.

Thanks.

Looking at Corsairs chart I can use the Performance category for this board based upon the Chipset. I am esp. looking at the 6400C4D modules.

But now I look at the MB spec's and it lists that the memory must be non-ECC and unbuffered.

However, Corsair's product spec's don't list what type the modules are.

What's up?

Thanks

I have one or two more questions.

At this time I am comparing the twin2x2048-6400c4 with the 6400c4D.

I am guessing that the c4D is an updated version with the DHX tech.

Beyond the DHX is there any difference?

Also, I see that the specs' specify 2.1 volts for the memory.

This is my first custom build in almost 10 yrs. Do I need to specify the voltage of the modules somewhere on-board or in BIOS?

And last - ASUS lists the memory spec. of this MB as DDR2-800/667/533.

I don't want to risk damaging the system. But, from what I've been reading it seems like I could put 1066MHz modules in. Is that possible?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

Yes the /D is the Dominator module and what I would suggest, and once you get the system setup you should get the latest bios first thing and load setup defaults and then set the tested settings of the modules manually both timings and Voltage.

And last - ASUS lists the memory spec. of this MB as DDR2-800/667/533.

I don't want to risk damaging the system. But, from what I've been reading it seems like I could put 1066MHz modules in. Is that possible?

What is the model of the MB in question?

Archived