Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB Kit w/ MSI 975X

eriktaylor1979

I bought a TWIN2X2048-6400 kit for a new system. Everything was working like a charm, then after a few hours one of the modules started locking up the system. Windows bluescreened and crashed, and would not restart. I went into the BIOS to load the failsafe configuration and try again, but the BIOS also locked up.

After stripping the board of everything but the CPU and video card, I inserted one module in the #1 slot and attempted to boot... nothing happened. So, I pulled that module out, inserted the other one in the same slot, and attempted to boot again. This time it worked fine. Windows booted up everything appeared to be in working order. I figured I'd have to RMA one bad module.

Well, after 4 more days of operation, Windows crashed again and I started getting the same behavior from the other module. So I've already got an RMA in place and am waiting for the replacement modules.

However... I'd like to know if there are any possible issues being caused by other hardware that could be causing the modules to fail.

My system consists of:

Motherboard: MSI 975X Platinum Power-up Edition

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz

Video Card: ATI 512MB X1650 Pro

Hard Drive: WD Caviar 320GB SATAII 7200rpm 16MB BurstCache

DVD: LG Super-Multi DVD Writer w/ Lightscribe

Case: Raidmax Sirius

Power Supply: Coolermaster eXtreme Power 430W

I am not overclocking ANY of the components, nor do I have any desire to. I'm using this system as a developer machine for building websites and business applications.

I set the memory up manually in the BIOS to run at 800MHz 5-5-5-12 @ 1.9V.

Any possible issues with my Corsair memory and the system components listed?

Archived