Corsair Community

Corsair CM2X1024-6400 + Asus P5N-E Wont boot

samsagaz

Hi, i purchased a kit of 2 800mhz memories with my MB (Asus p5n-e SLI) and when turn the PC ON wont boot.

I removed it and try with some old DDR2 that i have at home and the system boot.

I goto my friends house and install the Corsair memories on an Gigabyte Motherboards and the system detect the memories at 667mhz insted 800mhz.

Anyone knwo what happend with the memories? are defectives??

After like 10 hours trying to get it working was impossible, one of the stick dont work in my friend computer too.

Try raising the voltage in bios and then using the modules. Some ram takes overstandard voltage to start working.

Use your old set to set voltage to 2.1v then save and turn off the computer. Place the new ram in and see if it boots.

I had the same issue with the same modules in my MSI board. Disconnect everything from the motherboard except the power, cpu and video card. Then, insert one module into the first memory slot and try the boot. If it doesn't boot, take that module out and try the other one in the same slot. In my case, one of the 2 modules booted fine. If you can't get a boot with either module, it's possible they're both bad.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Already send the Memories to the RMA. I email they 2 times and no reply yet, i attached an document in the box that need to put it again when ship it to me back, so customs in Argentina dont will charge me Again. (Custom Taxes here are 50% of declared value)

Can someone please confirm if the email are received and if can put the paper again back (outside the box, so custom ppl can see it without open the box)

Archived