Corsair Community

Memory Issue ?

I have a new system that has a symptom of running for a bit, then suddenly not allowing most programs to load, a reboot then clears it.

I've re-installed XP pro twice with all service packs, same problem is occurring.

I've attached a full system description text file.

I have 4 sticks of Corsair Memory TWIN2X2048-6400C4 DDR2-800 C4 2GB Kit (2 x 1GB) 4GB Total (only 3.x active... I thought I was going to run Vista until non of my drivers were available...) 4-4-4-12-2T 240pin DIMM Black .

I have made no changes from the default settings.

I ran Memtest86 overnight and it found 1 error.

Tst = 3, Pass = 6

Failing Address = 000BD0B14D4

Good= F7F7F7F7

bAD = F6F7F7F

Err Bits = 01000000

Count = 1

What is the next step to figure out if its a setting or the memory or ?? How do I know where that error was, on which stick?

BTW.. I just noticed that setting on my notes during the purchase is 4-4-4-12 and yet I see that my system reports 5-5-5-18. I never changed anything.

Does this matter?

Rick

RDaveySystemInfo.txt

• Corsair Employees
Yes the tested settings would need to be manually; the SPD is set to the default values for the IC we use. And with 4 modules you will need to set the memory frequency at DDR667 with this MB and I would set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts. If you still have that problem, I would suspect a power issue on the MB or in the PSU.

System still goes "flakie" after a while. I have the setting at 4-4-4-12 , 2.1 Volts and 667 mhz speed.

I note that Intel says the voltage should be 1.8 V and 1.9 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs

All my CPU voltage seems fine, Heat on the processor is always under 48C and the other monitoring points near the memory bank are usually 41 or 42C. So I can't believe heat is problem, since these number are way under Intel's limits.

I ready to give up on the Corsair memory and try on of the Intel Approved memory...

Archived