Corsair Community

Help please, several questions

Sevenz

Ok i have several questions: I have an Asus p5b motherboard and supposedly TWIN2X1024A-6400 memory, i had this system prebuilt and thats the memory i ordered and they did say that they installed that memory, but CPU-Z reports CM2X512A-6400, is this normal?

Also i was wondering what are all the exact memory timings i should be using for the memory, i went into bios and there were a bunch of settings (after going into the northbridge) and the only ones i know were like the first 4 which i wanted to set each to 5 5 5 15, but there were more. Also at default speeds my memory runs at 5-5-5-18, this isn't supposed to be the timings it is supposed to be running at, atleast in my knowledge i think it should be 5-5-5-15 if the TWIN2X1024A-6400 was actually installed. But when i OC my memory to 420mhz it then sets it to 5-5-5-15, what the heck? Also if i buy another set of TWIN2X1024A-6400 would my motherboard be fine in running all 4 of these modules? Also what voltage should i set my memory to. Please help, im very confused and really need the help! Thank you in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Ok i have several questions: I have an Asus p5b motherboard and supposedly TWIN2X1024A-6400 memory, i had this system prebuilt and thats the memory i ordered and they did say that they installed that memory, but CPU-Z reports CM2X512A-6400, is this normal? Also at default speeds my memory runs at 5-5-5-18

Yes this is normal on both counts the tested settings need to manually set please follow the link in my signature for the tested settings and just set the timings and voltage with this MB. Cas 5-5-5-15-15 @ 2.0 Volts and if you install 4 modules you may have to run the memory at DDR667.

Hey ram guy, this is a question for you! My memory is listed as having a 1.9v, but you recommended 2.0, i have asked this before and they said it was because some motherboards under volt the memory, so now i really dont know what to set it at, currently it's at auto but i really want to set it to the perfect voltage, so what should i set it at? 2.0 or 1.9, btw when i set it at 2.0 in my motherboard the text turns red and the color around it turns blue as if the motherboard was warning me or saying this is not a good voltage for my ram or whatever. Pleas help.

Also, Should i use the following registry tweaks?:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001

"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

Is it safe to use these tweaks? Do they offer better performance? Any other information you guys can tell me about this?

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees

Our DDR2 Modules are rated up to 2.1 Volts and I would suggest 2.0 Volts with most MB's for modules that run at 1.9 Volts.

And I am sorry I cannot comment on anything other memory questions, you would just have to try the tweak at your own risk sorry.

Archived