Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400C3DF is JUNK

I spent almost $1000 on 4 gigs of CM2X1024-6400C3DF running at 3-4-3-9 @ 800Mhz got 1 bad stick and RMA'd it a week later one more stick went bad, and i am still waiting for my RMA from last time to get back to me. so I have been reading up on ths memory and it looks like Corsair made a big mistake about 3 out of 10 people with a Nforce 5 chipset has nothing but problems with this stuff so my question is WHAT do i do??? i am not RMA'ing this stick its was 25 US dollors to send the last stick back and i am not going to pay that every week or two

They are Twinx packs 2 of them with fans, I tried to run at 5-5-5-18 like th spd say nogo and I also tried only one set nothing 3 beeps on post nad DET Dram on LED poster the other stick is fine, its just one stick, same thing that happened to the first set

Ok just went and spent another $100 on DDR2 mem and it runs great in my system single and duel running at full speed, so whats up with this corsair? it was 3 times the money and all i get is mem errors and BSOD's with it. I tried it single, duel running at 800Mhz, 667Mhz, and timmings at 3-4-3-9 2.4v and 5-5-5-5-18 at 2.4v and 1.8v and nothing only one stick works I get DET DRAM at post with the other stick, the sad thing I can not send it back (yet) because I am still waiting for the first set to get back to me, so If i paid so much for this mem why did i get 2 bad sets of it? 1 stick in each set, the mem i got today was $100 and on 3Dmark06 it only scores a little lower without the problems so is there anyway i can get my money back on this Dominator mem? newegg won't do it because it was installed and its a factory defect. I love corsair and had the XMS512-3200pros 4 sticks of it for a year on my A8N32-sli deluxe with no problems and I really dont want to go somewhere else but I really do not want to spend 25 bucks everytime this Dominator mem fails, which seems to fail every other week a different stick even running at 667mhz, I spend the 900+ dollors not to have problems.

• Corsair Employees
Are you trying to run 4 modules at the tested settings? And did you test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org? If you did and you do have one failing module again after some time of working and it was in the same slot as the last one I would suspect some problem with the MB. And with 4 modules you would have to relax the settings but you might get them to run at the tested timings at DDR667.

the MB works fine with other DDR2 ram at 667 and 800mhz at spec speeds so i dont think its the MB, i tried all 4 stick one at a time and 1 failed the tests so i waas like ok not a big deal one bad stick and that was running at 5-5-5-18 @ 800mhz and 667mhz so I RMA'ed it and still waiting to get it back so that leaves me with 2 sticks left seeing that the ones i RMA'ed was a twin pack and they want me to send botth back. 3 days after I sent them in i started getting BSOD's again so i ram mem test and had another bad stick. so I went and drove 2 hours to Compusa to get a different brand, it runs @800mhz 5-5-5-18 now for 4 days and not one problem, so now my problem is i need to spend another 25 bucks to RMA the Twinx set that is bad now and I still have not got my first set back, that what the problem is i know its Dominator mem (Its ok that there is a few bad sticks out there it happeneds but to two packs sent to me?) and now I have to spend another 50 buck total after already spending just under $1000 for the mem in the first place and then have to wait weeks for it to get back to me, and then how can i be sure that the new mem i get wont be bad seeing the first 2 sets were? oh forgot to put that even with one stick in any of the slots the bad one fails no matter where it is placed single in and slot or duel in channel 1 or 2 same as the first set, and it is always the same stick thats how i know its the mem, this new stick ran for HOURS and no errors so I even OC'ed it to see if it was the MB it ran @800 4-4-4-15 overnight (about 7 hours with no error) i have also pushed it the same way in every slot and nothing all good but as soon as i put in the Dominator i get BOSD's and errors

Archived