Corsair Community

1GB voyager doesn't work on win98

rotbaer

Hallo,

I tried to install the driver shiped with my new 1GB Flash voyager on my Win98 Computer.

The voyager has been plugged in and the installation was done as described in the pdf-file on CD.

After the last intallation window the screen gets blue and shows:

(I translate from German into English)

The exception 0E in the VXD-file ADPINSTR(02) + 000013BA occured.

The application will be closed.

Afterwards I have to reboot. The flash player will occure in the "Device-Manager" (my translation of Geräte-Manager into English) with a black ! on yellow background. ASD will prevent the USB-device from beeing used again.

I tried the program memorybar.exe instead. It shows the same problem with the flash voyager: Blue screen showing exception.

However, on my Open SUSE 10.0 LINUX System the memory stick works fine.

Yours

rotbaer

Hallo,

- I did an Update with the unofficial ServicePack for Win98 Version 2.1c.

It didn't even change the problem.

- I installed an USB 2.0 PCI Card.

On its USB Ports - surprise - the same fatal exception appears when using the flash voyager.

By the time I checked the flash voyager with a win xp System. It did work.

So far I haven't got any further idea how to continue.

Well, neither of them does the trick.

I have a 1 GB "trekstore" flash mp3 player which works as an usb storage too. As this one seems to like my win89 system more I will use it instead.

Thanks anyway

rotbaer

• Corsair Employees
Sorry about that, by the way did you remove all of the unknown devices in Device manager and all of the USB Devices and restart the system with no USB devices connected and let it re-install the on board USB Hub?

• 1 month later...

I am having similar issues, with multiple CMFUSB2.0-256 units. I have tried all of the drivers you mentioned, and others I've found online. I've also tried clean installs of Win98SE, and installs patched with official and unofficial patches / service packs. None of them seem to do the trick.

The fundamental problem seems to be that the Windows 98 SE refuses to acknowledge that the drivers are correct for the device. Error messages along the lines of 'The specified location does not contain information about your hardware' are all I am able to obtain.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Note that a search of this forum does not reveal a thread where the OP acknowledges a resolution -- please provide a link if there is a case where a user acknowledges success.

Thanks,

-Greg

Archived