Corsair Community

ASRock 939 Dual Vista/Value Select 2gb Problem

I have an ASRock 939 Dual Vista, and 2 1gb sticks of VSIgb400c3 RAM. I started having a problem with random reboots shortly after installing these sticks in this particular board, so I ran Memtest86 and Memtest86+. I initially only left it go through 2 times and no errors, so I checked everything else on the system and couldn't find a problem. Somebody suggested running Memtest longer, so I did, and out of 14 runs, it found 6 errors. That was in dual channel mode, so I ran each piece individually, and found no errors. I then ran the two together in single channel mode, and it found 15 errors on a single run. I tried the dual channel in the other two slots, and it also found a number of errors on the first run. I've tried some Crucial ram from a friend, same sizes, and it found no errors in either single channel or dual channel mode, so I don't believe it's the board. I'm currently running just a single chip of the Value Select, and no problems. The board is not overclocked, and all settings related to the CPU and RAM in the BIOS are set to auto. Is this something worthy of an RMA, or should I just resell these sticks and hope the next owner has better luck with them? Thanks in advance

I do have the latest BIOS, and I went in and changed the memory voltage to high, and this time it only successfully completed two runs of Memtest before it started showing errors. Any other thoughts I could try?

Thanks again

Hi again,

Since your last post, I've filed the online RMA request twice, I've e-mailed the Excel RMA request (never heard anything back from Corsair,) I've tried the TechExpress and it just gives me an internal server error on your end, and I've tried calling on 9 different occasions, only to get into an endless loop of press 2 for tech support, then the phone rings 6 times, then says press 2 for tech support, over and over again. Is there any other possible way to request an RMA?

Thanks,

Tim

• Corsair Employees

Tim if you are calling at that time you posted this we are not here, our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday threw Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 Ext "0" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com and CC it to ramguy@corsairmemory.com.

And do you have anti-virus software with spam blocking installed? If yes please check it to make sure the reply emails are not getting blocked by your spame ware.

Archived