Corsair Community

Flash Voyager: Appears then disappears!

FlashMac

My 6 month old Flash Voyager 2GB, partitioned using the utility software, worked fine and dandy until one day it started to exhibit an odd characteristic. When I plug in the Voyager and use the utility to access the partition, the partition appears in Windows Explorer only to then disappear soon afterwards.

Is there a solution to this? Has this happened to anyone else? I love my Flash Voyager so much that I'd like to get my hands on one of the 16GB sticks but this little episode I'm having is begining to irritate the hell out of me :eek:

Edit: I got add that it's not the Flash Voyager that's the problem because it doesn't behave this way on other machines ... just mine. So I absolve any blame on my little rubber friend "Flash"! Still, if anyone has the solution, please help me :)

I backedup the files on the Flash drive and issued the command. I couldn't see what the message displayed was in the DOS box as it happend so quickly (7Mb ... I think). Anyhow, it hasn't earsed the files and the drive is still seen in Windows Explorer. Was it supposed to erase the files on the flash drive? If not then, I think it's worked! Thank you RAM Guy.

Archived