Corsair Community

Recommended timings for ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Hi everyone,

After months of badgering ASUS and getting no help, i thought i would ask here. I switched my system over to this board (A8R32-MVP Deluxe - first and last ASUS board) almost a year ago and have been less than impressed with the memory performance.

Beforehand i owned a MSI Neo4 Platinum and with my corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPRO ram running at 2.8volts, 2-2-5-2 with 1t i would consistently see bandwidth results of about 6000mb/s in Sisoft Sandra on my old AMD Athlon 64 3800+ .

However the ASUS board has been noticibly slower. Not just in benchmarks, but the system just seems to run slower overall. This is somewhat of a dissapointment seeing i also upgraded to a AMD Athlon 64 4200+ x2 at the time. I have noticed that all my applications and games seem to be under alot more strain than before, and my memory is now lucky to benchmark a score of 4500 in Sisoft.

Anyway to cut a long story short, this came to my attention again yesterday when i upgraded both my own, and my wife's pc to vista (identical hardware, but she is running the MSI board with the 3800+). Her TWINX1024-3200XL ram scored 5.4 on the Windows performance adviser, mine scored 4.8.

I have in the past played with the bios settings only to have the board reduce in performance. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the board and can recommend any tweaks i can do to increase the memory performance? Even if it was just reaching what i got with my MSI out of the box i would be more than happy.

Thanks for reading.

Archived