Corsair Community

ASUS P5B DELUXE/WiFi - AP. are this series of mobo's a major problem?

mangrove-jack

I searched these forums for a remedy to an issue thats driving me mad, and my first reaction after seeing a wealth of information, was disturbing, in that the Asus P5B mobo's were forefront with problems.

In early December I upgraded my system with Asus P5B DeLuxe/WiFi-AP mobo, Intel Core Duo E6700, and at that time my mobo was listed in 'Find the Right Module'

From there I chose the Corsair TWINX 2 GIG PC6400. From the outset of installation a problem arose whereby games ( BF2, Toca 3, MS Flight Sim X) would reguarly drop to task bar, and artifacts would appear in game. But no problems with Windows applications.

So it was process of elimination, PSU 700W...plenty for the system.

Sound Card..removed, used onboard sound.

Graphics Card borrowed identical card.

Memory...Mem Test...whoops 19 errors, problem found.

Luckily have a friend who is engineer...scratched heads..no result. Memory being returned to supplier under warranty..WHAT !!!!! 10-14 days to test and reply.

Go back to 'Find Right Module' and,my mobo is now not listed as before...Why I wonder?

Take proffesional advice.....TWIN2X2048-6400C4D would be compatible....cannot wait 14 days, so purchased memory.

Engineer friend says, this has to be set up manually...last eveing he installs and sets up as per data sheet details.

Right, that should do it, back in action BF2 here we come......drops to task bar twice in the hour, Flight Sim X same problem exists.

Have conducted Mem Test....Pass

Which after all eliminations...leaves the mobo...unless some knowledgeable person kmows different.

Yep, I'm right out of ideas..

I searched these forums for a remedy to an issue thats driving me mad, and my first reaction after seeing a wealth valuable of information, was disturbing, in that the Asus P5B mobo's were forefront with problems.

In early December I upgraded my system with Asus P5B DeLuxe/WiFi-AP mobo, Intel Core Duo E6700, and at that time my mobo was listed in 'Find the Right Module'

From there I chose the Corsair TWINX 2 GIG PC6400. From the outset of installation a problem arose whereby games ( BF2, Toca 3, MS Flight Sim X) would reguarly drop to task bar, and artifacts would appear in game. But no problems with Windows applications.

So it was process of elimination, PSU 700W...plenty for the system.

Sound Card..removed, used onboard sound.

Graphics Card borrowed identical card.

Memory...Mem Test...whoops 19 errors, problem found.

Luckily have a friend who is engineer...scratched heads..no result. Memory being returned to supplier under warranty..WHAT !!!!! 10-14 days to test and reply.

Go back to 'Find Right Module' and, my mobo is now not listed as before...Why I wonder?

Take professional advice.....TWIN2X2048-6400C4D would be compatible....cannot wait 14 days, so purchased memory.

Engineer friend says, this has to be set up manually...last evening he installs and sets up as per data sheet details.

Right, that should do it, back in action BF2 here we come......drops to task bar twice in the hour, Flight Sim X same problem exists.

Have conducted Mem Test....Pass

Which after all eliminations...leaves the mobo...unless some knowledgeable person kmows different.

Yep, I'm right out of ideas..

Sorry this is posted twice....my original did not appear...thought I had fluffed it.

Archived