Corsair Community

Led light, no fans are spinning, computer seems dead, faulty 620 HX?

freke

[update]

Tested the voltage on the cabels from the PSU...the purpule cable on ATX 24-pin contact gave me 5 volt..all other 0 even the on 2 other rails! Does this explain why the green led on the mobo lights up and everything else i dead?!

Hi!

Just bought parts for my new computer, i´ve mounted everything gently and then when i should start up for the first time the computer was dead. No fans spinning or anything. The only thing is the green led on the mobo that lights up.

So I started to check all cabels and moutings everything seemed to be fine! Then I started to disconnect all hardware from the psu and mobo execept the cpu and cpu fan. So now only psu, mobo, cpu and cpu fan is connected...I press the on button on the chassi and the cpufan just spinn for 1-2 sec just as before!!

Tried with a friends noname PSU with the psu, mobo, cpu and cpu fan..the fan started to spinn immidently..so there no faulty chassi button or something like that.

So there seems to be a faulty PSU...any ideas? Or is it just to replace the PSU with a new one!? Can i send my PSU packedge directly to Corsair and resceive replacement directy from them?! What and how do I do?!

My case is similar to these threads: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56126

Specs:

PSU: Corsair 620 HX

Chassi: Antec P180B

Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

CPU fan: Zalman CNPS9700 NT Ultra Quiet

Memory: CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 PC6400 XMS2 XTREME (2X1GB) HEATZINK

GPU: Asus Extreme Radeon X1950XT

Harddrives: Western Digital Raptor 150 Gb + Seagate Barracuda ES 400 GB

Archived