Corsair Community

asus a7n8x-e delux corsair xms twinx 2048 3200pt, need exact bios settings pleeeze!!

ljgreen5012

i'm freaking out because i have an asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo, an amd athlon xp 3200+ barton core processor, and i purchase my corsair xms twinx 2048 2x1gb strips 3200pt, i want to run at 400fsb but everytime i set it for that it crashes, sometimes it tells me its a driver , others a page fault in non-paged area error, i tried other timings , ddr voltage, etc. i've been to sites that actually say that memory was tested with that exact mobo, but still no help. pleeeze freakin help

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time and I would set these settings.

Please set the CPU_FSB jumper to pins 1-2 closest to the Video card and use the ASUS Bios 1.013 or newer and then, please try these settings:

With the A7N8X-E with the modules in slots 2-3 and then reset or clear the bios and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually. Then please test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

Memory timings: Manual

Would results in these settings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Graphics Aperture Size is 128 MB

If you get errors please test the modules one at a time to make sure one is not failing. In addition, a few others have had some success disabling Spread Spectrum in the bios as well

Archived