Corsair Community

1GB RAM Prevents Boot-up

LSUcajun44

Determined 1GB Corsair RAM stick was reason my cmptr would not boot; replacement &/or elimination of this particular stick allowed bootup + ALL went back to normal; NOW what do I do with this "guaranteed for life" bum Corsair RAM stick???:(:

How does one get any ACTION around here??? Is this the right 'FORUM' to post in so one can get an RMA so can return bad RAM stick???:confused:

RE: 2. Try booting with each stick, by itself, in each slot.

Been there, done that!!! The 1GB Corsair RAM stick in question is the ONLY one of my RAM sticks that will not allow cmptr to boot; cmptr won't boot if it is installed alone or with other RAMs while all other RAMs installed alone or in multiples will allow NORMAL boot (with ALL (4) DIMM slots in use); NOT a 'slot'

problem either because can boot up with slot that RAM in question came out of filled with DIFFERENT RAM!!! I am an Electronics Tech with > 40 yrs experience so I 'TROUBLESHOOT' very thoroughly!!! Does that help???

I am an Electronics Tech with > 40 yrs experience so I 'TROUBLESHOOT' very thoroughly!!!
Keep in mind all we see is a user name, not a person, nor their life experience. We as a community have no idea what another person's STP (Standard Troubleshooting Procedure) is.

What's the part # of your other sticks of memory, are they the same, or different?

Archived