Corsair Community

One dead stick

arbnotion

Hopefully my profile will show but in a nutshell:

Foxconn C51XEM2AA

AMD X2 5200+ Dual core

EVGA 8800GTS 320mb

Antec TruePowerTrio 650 PSU

I purchased package of Twin2X from newegg along with the above mentioned parts. When I install both sticks (dimm 1 and 3 according to manual) the computer won't even get to post. It just sits blank when I turn it on. I remove one stick and it works fine, boots windows, everything good. I take that stick out and install the other in the same spot and I get the same condition as if they were both installed.

Also, according to POST its running at 5-5-5-18 and ~768mhz not 4-4-4-12 and 800mhz.

I'd like to RMA the ram but do not want to be out of a computer for several days.

Exact P/N printed on the stick is CM2X1024-6400C4 that I would like to add does not exsist on the Corsair website. That is very frusterating when looking for info.

I have done as you said. I changed the voltage to 2V and reinstalled the other stick. I cannot get to post. I removed the good stick and installed the bad one. Still cannot hit post. Used dimms 2 and 4, can't hit post. Reinstall good stick into dimm 1, compy works fine.

Dimms may be numbered 0-3 but you get the picture.

I was checking the site and it seems I have to ship these back first? I don't mind giving my CC# to get new ones shipped first. I don't want to be out of a computer for a week.

Also, can I send in the rebate(I have not yet done so) or will that mess up the RMA?

Archived