Corsair Community

Bad Twinx2048-3200C2

spldoc

I recently built a new system and my ram modules are causing extreme errors in Windows XP with reboots and lockups. My wife has the same modules in her pc, so I swapped her modules into my machine and vice versa to see if the problems duplicated in her machine. Mine ran fine with her modules and hers had the same problems exhibited in Windows Xp with my modules. The modules are 2 weeks out of the reseller's one year replacement warranty and they have refused to swap them. Any help with RMA would be greatly appreciated.

My new system is as follows:

Asus A8S-X mobo - v1001 bios installed

AMD FX60 processor

EVGA 7600GT OC vid card - v 93.71 driver installed

Ultra 500w PSU

Hitachi 74gb sata

WD 250gb ide

LG DVD DLRW

Compaq DVD Rom

TWinx 2048-3200C2 Ram

edit:

After alot of research on this board and running memtest86, I have found the following.

The ram modules that I think are bad will perform for 6 hours running memtest at 3-3-3-8 timing, but when dropped to 2-3-3-6 they won't run memtest at all - it locks up. The timing in both my machines is set at 2-3-3-6. The modules in my wifes machine will run memtest fine at 2-3-3-6. Even when the modules in my machine are set to 3-3-3-8, it still crashes to blue screen or locks up.

Sorry for the delayed response...work has had me tied up all week. The ram voltage settings on my mobo are as follows - 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, auto.

It's been set on auto all along, but I'll try swicthing between 2.7 and 2.8 to see if it straightens out. Will post results shortly.

• Corsair Employees
Also you should disable Legacy USB when running any memory test! And I would get the latest bios and load setup defaults and set the Voltage and timings manually to the tested settings and test them one at a time to be sure. But if these modules work in ur other system its not the memory.

Archived