Corsair Community

Additional cables available for 520/620HX?

DomG

Hello All-

This is my first post here though I frequent Silent PC Review and have a relatively quiet rig built with advice from that website and its accompanying forum.

I am currently running 6 HDDs in my photo-editing/gaming rig and am considering dumping my Antec NeoHE-500 for something a little more reliable (mine shows voltages 0.15-0.3 under on most reporting components and may be what caused some serious problems in my last setup).

I am considering both the Seasonic M12 (500w) and the Corsair 520HX - namely because both are manufactured by Seasonic and are modular. Both power supplies have their Pros and Cons, but I am attracted to the Corsair because of its single fan and more compact modular cables.

Here is my problem: the 520HX only appears to ship with two SATA cables, each with two SATA connectors - this accomodates four hard drives, and I need to power at least 6. The 620HX has extra cables to accomodate additional hard drives, but I do not have any need for the additional power or price.

Is there any way I can go about buying the 520HX and acquiring additional modular cables without meeting or exceeding the price point of the 620HX?

Thanks for your help,

-Domenic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the quick response - I'll be sure to give them a call on Monday :):

Hi all.

Unfortunately I have already purchased the 520HX, but I need more sata connectors. Love the PSU otherwise.

Thanks for starting a thread regarding this topic. I'll give them a call this week.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

Unfortunately I have already purchased the 520HX, but I need more sata connectors. Love the PSU otherwise.

Thanks for starting a thread regarding this topic. I'll give them a call this week.

You can easily purchase 4-pin molex to SATA adapters...

Archived