Corsair Community

Shipping Costs + Declaration of Value RMA#R232679

Volker

Hi Ram Guy !

Please answer or transmit my questions to the person in charge to get an answer. Thank you !

1st

Why do I have to ship the faulty RAM on my expenses ? I am not a cheapskate but unfortunately the shipping cost from Hamburg to USA are disproportionately high. UPS, FedEX and DHL ask for approx. EUR 50. Is it possible to get an UPS Return label ?

2nd

Do I have to declare a commercial value for the customs proposal or is everything ok with the RMA number ?

3rd

In which way do Corsair insure that I do not have to pay import taxes in Germany ? Do you declare the consignment as replacement without commercial value ?

Big thanks

Volker

I am sorry I can’t check it for you right now, please bump this in the morning and I will check for you or call our customer service at 510-657-8747 Ext "0" after 8:00 AM Pacific Time tomorrow!

Hi Ram Guy,

do you have any news ?

Thank you

Volker

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Volker,

I am from Hamburg too and I send the RAMs via DHL. 48 Euro by Airmail.

I bought a cheap Infineon RAM - just to have a chance to use my computer until the new RAMs are back.

Damn the PC4200 DDR2 Infineon Ram is so slow - same transfer-Rate as good USB-Sticks... lol :laughing:

Hallo Volker,

ich bin auch aus Deutschland und habe ein RAM-Baustein kaputt, musstest Du wirklich 50 Euro Postgebühren bezahlen? Bekommt man die wieder?

Weil für 50 Euro bekomme ich ja schon fast ein neues Modul...

Wäre nett wenn Du mir eine Antwort schreiben würdest.

donald1967@web.de

Hi Ram Guy !

Please answer or transmit my questions to the person in charge to get an answer. Thank you !

1st

Why do I have to ship the faulty RAM on my expenses ? I am not a cheapskate but unfortunately the shipping cost from Hamburg to USA are disproportionately high. UPS, FedEX and DHL ask for approx. EUR 50. Is it possible to get an UPS Return label ?

2nd

Do I have to declare a commercial value for the customs proposal or is everything ok with the RMA number ?

3rd

In which way do Corsair insure that I do not have to pay import taxes in Germany ? Do you declare the consignment as replacement without commercial value ?

Archived