Corsair Community

Problems again with XMS2 TWIN2X2048-8500C5

bfdd

I already had 1 kit replaced, this time the heatsinks just fell off without any interference. I was having what I believed to be memory problems again and I open the case and look inside and on one of the sticks both heatsinks fell off. The store I bought it at already replaced it once but they refused to replace it this time saying that they can't because it's physical and not bad ram. I tried explaining there's a reason they come with heatsinks on the side and not just normal and it's because they get hot and I'm not going to void my warranty running them without heatsinks. Should I apply for RMA or what should I do? This is the second set of this kind of ram I've had that something has gone wrong with.

• Corsair Employees

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

However, please note the H/S is bonded to the memory and should not fall of and almost every time that has happened the modules have turned out to be counterfeit. But lets do the RMA directly so we can check the modules for you.

Archived