Corsair Community

Problems w/ VS512MB400

Mondoman

I have been successfully running a 2x512MB pair of VS512MB400 (lot 0451125-0) modules at *DDR-333* on a Shuttle system for a long time (no errors under memtest86+ V1.70, standard voltage). I recently upgraded the memory in that system to 2x1GB VS modules, and transferred the VS512MB400 modules to my ECS P4M800Pro-M V2.0 motherboard (Intel Pentium D 805 CPU), where they are running at "auto" (DDR-400 and auto timings). Memtest86+ V1.70 is showing errors on test #5, especially on one module. Here are results under various settings (all at "auto" (DDR-400) settings) in the ECS system:

1) standard voltage: VS512MB400, many errors from start of test #5.

2) standard voltage + 0.1V: VS512MB400, many errors from start of test #5.

3) standard voltage + 0.2V: VS512MB400, fewer errors (hundreds), toward end of test #5, mostly on one module.

4) standard voltage + 0.3V: VS512MB400, about 20 errors toward end of test #5, almost all on one module.

5) each VS512MB400 module on its own at standard + 0.3V shows at least 1 error near end of test #5.

6) replacing 512MB modules with VS 1GB modules results in no errors (standard + 0.2V, auto settings, DDR-400).

Any suggestions on whether I'm missing something in getting the VS512MB400 modules to work, or should I return them for warranty replacement?

I got no answer with the Online RMA Request Form, so I filled out the (beta) Tech Support Express form (which is still *extremely* buggy, at least with a FireFox browser), and received back an email from someone who didn't seem to have read my forum post, with no RMA number.

Any suggestions on my best route to an RMA number for the two modules would be greatly appreciated!

The thread title of the sticky in this forum is "*NEW* Tech Support Express (BETA)". I used the link from the post in that thread; checking now, the link is the same as the one in your post.

It may be V2, but it had major problems on my FireFox 2.0.0.2. For example, when I selected "2" as the number of modules in the pulldown box, not only did the module section of the form get duplicated (as intended), but ALL sections of the whole form got duplicated!

Went to the TSE, selected the "RAM Guy" option, and entered "0" as post number. Got .NET error screen; my bad for choosing 0 as a test post number.

Closed FireFox, started over. In the TSE, selected "RAM Guy" option, entered "101010" as post number. Got similar .NET error screen (see below):

Server Error in '/' Application.
Nullable object must have a value.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.

Source Error:

Line 55:             lblRam.Text = c_case.MemoryAltDesc;
Line 56:         } else {
Line 57:             cmMemory m = new cmMemory(c_case.MemoryID.Value);
Line 58:             lblRam.Text = m.Memory;
Line 59:         }

Source File: e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs    Line: 57

Stack Trace:

[invalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.]
  System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) +48
  System.Nullable`1.get_Value() +17
  helpdesk_ram_support_h.db_case() in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs:57
  helpdesk_ram_support_h.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs:31
  System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
  System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
  System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

Archived