Corsair Community

vista software compatible

brtom85

so i just installed Windows Vista Business (legal version) and i installed my Corsair Flash Voyager Utility software that came with the 1gb flash drive, but when i click on the icon to start the program, nothing appears to ever happen, is there an updated version of this program so that it will work under vista? this way i can get to the private partition on the drive.

I am sorry but the software will not work with Vista, you would need to be using Win2K or WinXP. And you will not need to install the software to use the F/V in Vista. If you want to create a secure partition or file then I suggest getting the latest version fo http://www.truecrypt.com.

:mad: NO way

http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads.php

Latest Stable Version - 4.2a

Windows XP/2000/2003

Important: Please do not run TrueCrypt 4.2a and earlier versions under Windows Vista (those versions were not designed to run on Windows Vista). A version for Windows Vista will be released shortly.

Bye A.

• 1 month later...

Hi, RAM GUY

Made the stupid mistake of installing Flash Voyager under VISTA believing it was designed for the 4Gb USB 2.0 Flash Drive that came with it and is said to be VISTA-compliant. :sigh!:

The F/V software does not work, so I uninstalled it, but then the Flash Drive stopped working. :mad:

Therefore, I had to reinstall the F/V application in order to get the F/D to be recognized again. :confused:

Another problem under VISTA is that I am unable to take advantage of the "Readyboost" feature that accelerates the Operational System performance, the MAIN REASON why I puchased this gadget ...

What now?

• Corsair Employee
For Ready Boost I would suggest our Turbo Flash Drives, but you might format the FV in NTFS and then test Ready Boost. And I would try and manually update the Driver in Vista be sending it to //Windows/System32/Drivers and it should see and install the driver.

• 2 months later...
I am sorry but the software will not work with Vista, you would need to be using Win2K or WinXP. And you will not need to install the software to use the F/V in Vista. If you want to create a secure partition or file then I suggest getting the latest version fo http://www.truecrypt.com.

Hi,

I don't want use TrueCrypt, but use my blue Corsair Flash Voyager, that run correctly with his Corsair Flash Voyager Utility under XP, UNDER VISTA.

Please, i want dowlnload the new Vista version of Corsair Flash Voyager Utility.

It is inadmissible that the Corsair Flash Voyager don't run under Vista with the private area created under XP with Corsair Flash Voyager Utility !

If this Vista version don't yet exists, please UPDATE !!!

Thanks

Archived