Corsair Community

Problem with CM2X1024-6400C4

BryanW1

Hello. I recently built a new machine based on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo, and I used a set of TWIN2X2048-6400C4. I began to get some strange BSODs in the past week after the machine had run fine for a few weeks (I had made no changes at all). I downloaded Memtest which returned errors almost constantly, resulting in a BSOD. Then my machine wouldn't reboot. The fans etc would come on, but not much more. I decided to troubleshoot by removing each of the two sticks and trying them individually. With stick#1, the computer did the same thing....fans spin up but nothing. With stick#2, it booted right up normally and I ran Memtest again with 0 errors. I believe that one stick is bad. I had the proper 4-4-4-12 settings, DDR2-800, and 2.1 voltage manually set on the P5W DH Deluxe before this happened. Only one more concern. I submitted for a rebate and sent in the UPC, although I have all other packaging to send along with my receipt from ZipZoomFly.com. If granted an RMA, will that be enough documentation/packaging?

Archived