Corsair Community

ASUS Striker and TWIN2X2048-6400C4D

Kordrek

Please go to this link where I posted on the ASUS forum.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070223025346295&board_id=1&model=Striker+Extreme&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

I'm using TWIN2X2048-6400C4D which isn't on QVL list but you would think with such a high end board this RAM would work properly.

Anyways the problem I'm having is that it won't run at 4-4-4-12 timing. It defaults at 5-5-5-15. When I go into the BIOS to put the timing at 4-4-4-12 the computer won't boot telling me there is a file missing.

The Corsair RAM they have listed on the QVL list is CM2X1024-6400C4. To me it's practically the same RAM. I am not overclocking my system in anyway whatsoever.

Anyone else having problems with Dominator?

Well upping the voltage to 2.1 seemed to fix the problem. I used memtest when my RAM was at default (auto) settings and it was failing test 5. After I upped the voltage all the tests were passing.

I was kind of hoping for an official response from someone at Corsair.

Have you disabled EPP SLI memory ?, upped memory voltage to 2.1 volts . Upped NB voltage 1.35 ? even updated to new 1002 bios ?

Rumours are there is a new beta bios in the works for some Dominator modules, hang on for short while.... engineers are on it !!

BTW, what is NB voltage? Northbridge?

Well maybe I spoke too soon. The settings I made seemed to work for awhile. Now I have gotten a BSOD and World of Warcraft crashes to the the desktop randomly. I have turned everything back to auto settings in the BIOS.

Any other suggestions?

I was running BIOS version 0701 then I went to 0901. Everything seemed to work ok at auto settings but wasn't running at the correct timings using 0701. I have gone to 1002 now and I am using the auto settings which still aren't running at the correct timings.

That didn't work either. I'm getting blue screens =( The RAM only seems to work at default settings with the wrong timings. PC Probe says voltage is about 1.8V at default settings.

Should I have these RMA'd? It was failing test 5 with Memtest at default settings. Do you do crossshipping?

No please try exatly what I said!

I did do exactly what you said.

"That didn't work either. I'm getting blue screens =( The RAM only seems to work at default settings with the wrong timings. PC Probe says voltage is about 1.8V at default settings."

• 3 weeks later...
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and try the modules one at a time and test them with http://www.memtest.org with Legacy USB disabled.

Ok it's been awhile,

I am running BIOS version 1004. With setup defaults, legacy USB enabled, testing one module at a time and switching the RAM between slots the RAM passes Memtest 1.70

When running the RAM in dual channel they fail test 5 with Memtest 1.70

When disabling legacy USB support in dual channel mode they still fail test 5.

I'm still getting random crashes and random BSOD.

Next suggestion? =)

• 1 month later...

I got the replacement RAM and everything seemed to be working great for a few weeks but then I got a BSOD yesterday =(

Can you post the latest timings and voltage settings for my board? =)

Striker Extreme, rev 1.00G

Archived