Corsair Community

Memory Problems?

grauix

Hello,

I'm useing 4X CM2x 1024-5400 C4 modules in combination with an Intel C2D E6600 and an Intel Mainboard DG965OT.

I have now tested my Ram modules with memtest86 and for all four modules I get follwoing errors:

Failing Address 00000100020 1.0 MB

Good 80808080

Bad 80808000

ErrBits 00000080

What does this means? Is there an problem with my memory?

Thanks

grauix

• Corsair Employee
I have no problem replacing all of the modules for you, but because you cannot set the memory voltage on this MB I suspect it will not work. I would see if the reseller will let you send them back and get VS2GBKit533D2 instead. Sorry!

Hi, I can't send the modules back. It's not anymore in the 14 days money back guarantee (german law). Two modules are from november 2006 and the other two from january.

The memory problems (blue screen) is only occurring with Vista 64bit, this was the reason why i have checked my RAM with memtest. With Windows XP everything is working fine and I have not any problems.

I have also checked the corsair memory configurator and there my memory and my mainboard fits together.

So, my idea is now to change my mainboard, because selling my old memory and buy new one I will lose to much money.

My idea is now to buy the ASUS P5B-V, because I need one with the Intel G965 chipset.

What Do you think about this mainboard and maybe corsair should check their memory configurator or do you have an other possibility how I change my memory?

What Do you think about this mainboard and maybe corsair should check their memory configurator

I just checked the Corsair Compatibility Site and it only shows Value Selects currently:

http://tools.corsairmemory.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=11503

To get there I used the dropdowns on the left hand side. Did you look up your motherboard in a different way?

Archived