Corsair Community

Intel D975XBX2 & TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO

Lukew06

Hello everyone

I have just bought myself a new pc but i cant even boot it i have an Intel D975XBX2 & TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO 2x1Gig Sticks. Ive been reading this forum and i know the mobo has some voltage issues but will it cause the PC to not boot at all? I get 3 beeps (no memory) when i start it and have no video so i cant enter BIOS! Does this mean i need a diff mobo / ram? or is it possible to get around it!

• Corsair Employees
Please try and reset the bios with the Clear Bios jumper and test the modules one at a time to be sure its not some other issue. And If it does post just load setup defaults and set the Voltage to 1.9 Volts and the tested settings for the specific modules you have.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone

I have just bought myself a new pc but i cant even boot it i have an Intel D975XBX2 & TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO 2x1Gig Sticks. Ive been reading this forum and i know the mobo has some voltage issues but will it cause the PC to not boot at all? I get 3 beeps (no memory) when i start it and have no video so i cant enter BIOS! Does this mean i need a diff mobo / ram? or is it possible to get around it!

Same deal here. Bought a D975XBX2 though I purchased Twin2x2048-6400C4Ds and had the same no-POST result. Tried each one individually, got a partial POST with one stick, the other consistently gave the dreaded 3BEEP memory error. I've got them en-route for an RMA return, and am trying some Twin2x1024-5400C4s today that I found in-house -- the system POSTed just fine.

Intel insisted that the TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO was "not compatible" as it was rated for a higher voltage. But Corsair said it was compatible and that it had tested fine in their lab @ 1.8 (or 1.9?)V. Based on that, I did my RMA yesterday. Hopefully the replacements will work fine. Anyone else out there find bad sets of TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO?

Since the Intel "approved vendor" list for tested and 3rd party tested memory is very short, with NO Corsair presence, does anyone have comments about the best low-latency RAM match for this particular motherboard?

And, where can I find the voltage specs for Corsair's RAM sticks, since the latency seems voltage dependent? That information is NOT readily available in the purchasing details at Corsair, or 3rd party vendor sites!

Archived