Corsair Community

Corsair CMX4400C25v1.1

Nebulous

Oh well. At 2T the rig runs pretty sugglish. I decided not to continue trying to put a band-aid on the problem. I dropped the ram speed down to DDR400 @ 3-4-4-8. I asked my brother for a loan to purchase some "other name brand" ram. Once that arrives I will switch out the ram and just toss the corsair out. I just don't have the time nor the energy to keep wasting on this. It's cost me too much already. Not only money wise, but I already knew I failed my courses. Now i have to pay out of my pocket to retake the courses and my financial aid will not cover it. I'm really disgusted and disappointed , not to mention just plain angry of what this ordeal has put me through.

I think i would've handled it better if someone would've broken into my house and just stole my whole computer. This way i could've filed a police report, put in an insurance claim and would've gotton a new pc. All I had to show my professors is the police report, the insurance report and i would've at least had a state of execution before my papers would've been due.

As far as Corsair products are concerned, I really doubt I will ever purchase anything with the corsair label and rest assured I will not recommend it to any of my friends, co-workers or colleagues. I will add this to the ongoing list of other companies of which their products was unsatisfactory to say the least.

Thank you and good bye......

ok, against my judgement, a friend of mine with the same motherboard offered to test this ram out in his pc. His specs are:

A64 FX-55 San-Diego

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Team Xtreem 2x1GB DDR500

eVGA Geforce 7800GTx2 SLI

Seagate Barracuda 320GB

GameXtream 700W

We swapped out memory and ran it at stock timings, voltages, etc. We got the same reults; hard locks, bsod's and random crashes. games would crash to desktop and browser errors. Setting the command rate to 2T would result in noticeable lag

Dropping the ram mem clock to DDR333, we were able to reach the rated speed of 250 (DDR500), but with 2.8v. Evry now and then we would get the same results. Raising NB, SB and HT voltages made no difference. However I did notice that the Skew Delay would drop to 300ps. Setting the AI Skew delay to normal would result in boot up failure. I did not raise the ram voltage any higher than 2.8 as I thought it may void the warranty. I cannot be 100% certain that these board undervolt the ram as setting the ram to 2.75v resulted in boot up failure as well.

Well, i'm fresh out of ideas and i have no clue what to do next with this. I have 2 options open to me:

1) Purchase different ram

or

2) Purchase a different motherboard.

Anything else I should try before I deep six this ram? I'm open to suggestions, ideas, but i doubt anything you suggest has already been tried.

Have we replaced these once already?

Yes. I had the 1gb kit of CMX4400C2.5PT and it was just replaced with a 1gb kit of CMX512-4000PRO which I was having issues with.

Anyway I did the online RMA request form as you suggested and did not receive an email with an RMA# nor receipt of the RMA request. After several days of waiting I decided just to drop this and go with another set of ram. I got a 2gb kit of ( Blankety Blank) ram. As soon as I installed it, went into the bios, set all the timings, speed and voltage according to it's rated specs, rebooted and bingo DDR500 without so much as a hiccup. I could not do that with the Corsair CMX512-4000PRO I got as replacements.

I remember back in the day Corsair was top dog of the ram world. I don't know what happened, but honestly you people dropped the ball. I know you don't have control over what's made or what works with what. This is a hit or miss thing. I went with what works for me.

Appreciated all the help Ram Guy

I may/may not RMA the Corsair CMX512-4000PRO I got as replacements. They do make interesting conversation pieces tho. My wife has hid them from me as I was going to have them meet Mr. Sledge.

She still won't tell me where she hid them.

• Corsair Employee

I do understand your frustration and I am sorry, but I would suggest contacting our customer service and they will take care of you with the shipping both ways.

888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

Archived