Corsair Community

Corsair CMX4400C25v1.1

Nebulous

Hi people :):

My ram is 1GB kit of Corsair CMX4400C25v1.1 and i believe it's gone south. I turn the pc on and all I get are memory dumps. I switced the stick around in different slots and keep getting dumps. I formatted and upon reinstalling windows and i got the famous blue screen memory dump. I tested ea. module with memtest and it doesn't pass the first round. I also tried them in my neighbor's pc and get the dreaded same problem. No I'm not oc'ed, evrything is running stock speed.

I used a 256meg of Samsung PC3200 to reinstall windows and that's what I'm forced to use atm and it's awful :(: .

Specs of rig are:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with Bios 1303

AMD FX55

2x 200GB Maxtor HDD's in Raid~0

eVGA 7800GTX

Sparkle Power 550w SLI

Plextor/NEC DVDRW's

I was here before with the same ram but the problem was it failed to run it's rated speed of 275. as noted here

I was forced to run it @ 200 because this was all the ram i had in my pc and i needed my pc for school and work. Now the ram has met it's demise in the abyss and need to ask for an RMA. Plz help

-Neb-

No, i did'nt. I was so wrapped up with work and school, i never had the chance to send them in. It's the same set. Also from that last time I sent in the RMA request, i never got a response.

Should I call the 888 number?

Thx for the reply RAM GUY

Well RMA dept. received my ram on Friday and I was just on the phone with some young lady with an accent. Could'nt understand her name, lol, but she stated:

"The product you are returning is now

obsolete. Upon receiving your return, we will test your product and

attempt to repair it. We will notify you within 24-48 hours if we are

unable to repair your product and will review alternate options at that

time."

Which doesn't look good :(: I'm hoping they will replace it with something equal in speed and performance.

I'm going to be backed up with school work without my pc :greencry: I'll keep you updated-

Well RAM GUY, i got an email from RMA dept. Looks like they can't repair my old babies :(: I've been given the option of either the CMX512-4000PRO's or the CMX512-4000PT's. I chose the PRO's over the PT's since they both run the same timings/latencies. Figured the LED light show will be a nice touch to my case. I'll be receiving 2x512mb modules.

I'm kinda going to miss my 4400's :greencry: i had them for so long and tho i was having issues with them since the beginning, they were great. I hope the 4000Pro's perform just as good, if not better.

I'll update as usual.

*Update*

Got my replacements (CMX512-4000PRO x2) and tho I'm not extremely happy I got slower ram as replacements, I am somewhat happy I do have working ram in my pc so I can catch up on my backed-up school assignments and work.

Just a suggestion: Someone should update the products list on the home page. It's a bit disappointing that some products listed are either A) not available (sold out) or B) Obsolete (discontinued). In any event these older products should be available for the RMA replacements.

I understand technology has to move forward and older products ceases to be made in order for newer products to be made, but a huge company such as Corsair should have a reserve of these older products for future replacement, such as in my case.

Ppl such as myself still run somewhat older pc's (9 months old or less) that still utilizes DDR1 ram, and if I purchased a certain type of product from a company as huge as Corsair, that has an outstanding warranty policy, and my product fails, it should be replaced with the same exact product or a similar product with equal specifications, not something that is "almost as close" in specs.

Please don't take this as a negative response, this is just a mere observation of the service I received during my RMA process.

I appreciate all the help and thank you

-Neb-

• Corsair Employees
Well I am sorry that we did not have your exact modules, but it does happen sometimes. The IC we used to make that module went out of production more than 1 1/2 years ago and they are scarce to get. But they should have offered a few choices to you. as well as a refund if they are not available.

Well, can't cry over it i guess. I'm having a difficult time running this new ram in my system @ it's rated speed. Are these new modules tested to run in a A64 rig ? I know the pdf file states it was tested to run in AMD and intel test systems, but the image provided shows an Intel P4 socket 478 ( Asus P4C800 board) and i'm sure the AMD spoken of must be a socket A 462. I had to ramp up the vdimm to 2.8v to get it somewhat stable. I get errors when i try to set the ram timings manually, but set to auto and it runs. I'm kinda confused here :confused:

• Corsair Employees
Actually we use mostly A8N-SLI MB's now to test DDR1 memory but we do still use P4C800 as well if they are still alive. I would check the command Rate is getting set to 2T as well. And can you tell me the exact settings you have set?

Alrighty:

Mem Clock =200

TCL = 3

TRCD= 4

TRAS= 8

TRP = 4

TRRD = 2

TRC =13

TRFC=17

TRWT=4

Preamble = 5.5ns

Async =7ns

Command rate = 1T

Vdimm @ 2.8

All other settings are on Auto. Sadly enough I have slower ram, plz don't tell me I have to set my command rate to 2T as well :(:

• Corsair Employees

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be Dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.

And yes please set it to 2T for testing. And what is the CPU Frequency and multiplier set to?

Ok, I'm pretty much at my wits end here. All of a sudden my pc rebooted and now my os is hosed. I did'nt get a BSOD, just a reboot and now upon the boot-up screen i get a system32 file is corrupted. I went thru this b4 several times already with this new ram. I've lost more than 1/2 of my saved school work and my files. I don't know how many times i've formatted and re-installed my os, but now i've had enough. This is rediculous. All i ask is that I have working ram in my system, yet I get replacements that are replacing one problem with another. I'm not a happy camper right now as I'm a freakin cafe' using a friend's laptop :veryangry

Now I either:

A) get ram that works with my system

B) get my old ram back

or

C) get a refund.

I apologize if this sounds like a rant, but I went thru all the proper channels, had to go almost 2 weeks without a working pc, because my defective ram was sent in for replacements. I'm already going to flunk my courses and my job is in jeopardy because of the inability to have a working pc.

Well got it to partially run. These settings @ 2.8v. I keep getting random errors and it's already rebooted several times. Between all day yesterday and most of today I formatted 5 times with WinXP alone :roll:

With winxp 64 it just keeps corrupting the System32\Ntoskrnl.exe file. I've formatted winxp 64 so many times last night i was about to just get the sledgehammer to it :wtfman: Even at stock speeds :mad:

I use the 1- 256mb stick of samsung pc3200 and evrything runs as it should. Even the timings set to auto are 3-3-3-7 and the Skew delay is normal. With the Corsair ram the skew delay drops to :Delay 300ps :confused: Doesn't matter if i set the timings manually or set them to AUTO, this ram refuses to cooperate.

I've accepted the fact my professors are going to flunk me and there's noway i can make up for the work i've lost in time for my finals. Which means I'll have to take my courses over again, no thanks to you (Corsair). I trusted you guyz to replace my dead ram with ram that will work in my system, yet it's been nothing but a nightmare. I cannot afford to resend this ram back to you and wait another 2 weeks. There's gotta be a different solution to my problem.

Corsair1.JPG.dcc2ba0a73a3c9708bc79a1fefece27c.JPG

Archived