Corsair Community

Dominator causing problems

skunkmunkey

Ok I just replaced my 1gb xms2 8500 with 2gb of Dominator 8500 C5.

The only way i can start my system is to reset the bios, boot with a stick of OCZ installed and change voltage to 2.4. Then reboot pc and insert the Corsair ram and windows will boot fine. However after and hour or so windows will crash and i have to reboot and repeat the above process. This was in my Asus P5WDH-DELUXE.

I've tested the ram in my new Commando board and have the same problem. Ive tried running at 800mhz, relaxing the timings and I still get the same problem. Ive tried updating the bios and the only thing i can think it would be is the sticks are faulty. The Post screen On mobo sticks on the DET MEMORY setting which seems to support they are faulty. Any ideas or do i need to RMA?

• Corsair Employees
What are the settings you are trying to run them at? And this MB Asus P5WDH-DELUXE will never be able to reach 1066 MHz they will top out about 1030 MHz but you will have to increase the voltage to the CPU and chipset.

Im using an Asus Commando now (965 chipset). I have them at specified 5-5-5-15 but ive tried relaxing them too, if i try to lower the speed of the ram windows refuses to load. Its weird because my old xms2 pro 8500 runs fine at 1067 in both boards.

The main thing is tho that the pc will not post at all unless i use another stick of ram to change the settings in bios. I just dont understand it....

now it wont boot at all with the corsair ram installed. even if i clock it at stupid settings ie 533 and 6-6-6-18 (tried voltage from 2v - 2.45v) and im now getting the 0x000004e error which when i search on the net seems to be a memory problem. Can i have an RMA number please.

Archived