Corsair Community

Help!!!

KingNCountry

In the past week I purchased 2 sticks of Corsair XMS2 2GB (2x1GB) 240-pin DDR2 PC6500 RAM off newegg.com, because they were running a great deal. My Intel E6700 Intel Duo Core 2 Alienware PC came with 1 GB of PC6400 RAM. After I installed the Corsair RAM into my system, I, for the first time with this PC, started having software crash after software crash, even when opening things as simple as Internet Explorer, and many other programs. I immediately know it's my memory. I find out then that the 1 GB (2x 512mb) sticks of memory that came on my system were manufactored by Patriot, and assume this is the problem. To test this, I took the Corsair memory out and had just the 1 GB of Patriot memory in, and had no problems. Then to isolate it to the Corsair memory, I installed the 2 GB of Corsair memory and removed the Patriot, and had no problems this way either. Both sets of memory are DDR2 PC6400, and both are CAS Latency 5, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I very much would like to keep my Corsair memory and not have to send it back to newegg.com, to trade out for Patriot memory (so I can have all memory of one brand). But if I can't get this resolved I'll be forced to. I need to know if I can resolve this problem in my bios, and if so, exactly how to do that. Thanks!

Archived