Corsair Community

Replacement stick also DOA

Yesterday, I received the replacement stick of memory for one I had RMAed several weeks ago. I plugged it in, started up memtest, and got over 100,000 errors in about a minute. Just to test further, I tried using Prime95 as well; that took three tries to even load, and then failed immediately on starting the test. I've heard comments that there seem to be incompatibilities with these RAM sticks and some motherboards, but one of the two that was originally in the twin pack works flawlessly. The other one had had intermittent errors; this one is completely dead. I get the errors from it in any configuration, no matter what RAM slot it's in, whether it's used on it's own or with the good stick or RAM, or with the more conservative JEDEC timings. I have not seen a single error from the other stick of RAM in any configuration, so this definitely seems to be a problem with the RAM, not a compatibility problem.

My system uses a Gigabyte G-965G-DS3 (rev. 1.0, bios rev. F6) motherboard.

• Corsair Employees
That would suggest some other issue, as all of our modules are tested on a MB at their rated settings before they leave our factory. Are you mixing this with other memory or did you have other memory installed? And when you installed this module did you load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to +.3 Volts?

I tested it both with the other stick of Corsair memory and on its own with the same results. I did also load the setup defaults, and the motherboard is set to +.3 (2.1) volts. There are no errors using the working memory stick from the original package, if I remove it and replace it with the new stick, I get a massive number of memory errors. I've tried using it with all four memory slots with the same results.

Archived