Corsair Community

CM72D1024RLP-3200/S Memory Gone bad for Registered ECC module

hancor

Got the following error message due to a bad RAM module:

have the S2895 motherboard with the SCSI chip onboard.

I am getting a machine check exception running bios 1.03, 104, 1.04a, or 1.05 which is as follows:

STOP: 0 x 0000009C (0 x 0000000000000000, 0 x FFFFF80000075BC0, 0 x 00000000F602A000,

0 x 0000000000000833)

A couple of times I was able to boot into WinXP Pro, WinXP x64 and the OS said it has recovered from a serious error which was hardware related. The error message suggested a failure in the motherboard, ram or cpu.

I removed one stick of the Registered ECC memory and was able to boot back into both my OSs.

Conclusion the machine_check_exception is due to faulty memory stick.

Can I get an RMA number now?

Cheers

Hans Rupprecht:[pouts: :laughing:

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hi Ram Guy:

The memtest.org program definitely indicates a bad stick of RAM out of this matched pair of ECC registered RAM.

Maybe I will have better luck with a pair of CM72D1024RLP-3200/M or Micron chips?

:[pouts: :(: :D: :D:

This shouldn't happen with Registered ECC memory!

Must be evil gremlins in the factory or something.

Computer RAM exorcism appears to be required!!

Archived