Corsair Community

hx520 cable length

alpineflip

Anyone know if either the hx520 or 620 come with a decent length of cables? I am trying to look for a good Case and was thinking of getting the Antec P180B but am skeptic about the psu being at the bottom and the power cables not reaching the top. Or also know a good case they can recommend me with what I got!

And what psu do you guys recommend for a setup with

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

a DVD burner and a DVD Rom

2 sata WD 250gig HD

GeForce 7950GT

Zalman heatsink and some fans

2 gig Corsair XMS twin2x 2048 6400

the 520 or 620?

this might be a dumb question but I went ahead and ordered the 620 just to be safe for when I upgrade...first time really getting into a decent system for me atleast and especially a psu w/ modular cabling and looked at the post up top about which rail is which and saw the pic, are each of those color squares identifying the +12v rails or something completely different and doesn't it really matter where I plug in the modular cables and the psu with just add power to where its needed possibly...I never looked into it really with psu's just got what was sufficient.

• Corsair Employees
this might be a dumb question but I went ahead and ordered the 620 just to be safe for when I upgrade...first time really getting into a decent system for me atleast and especially a psu w/ modular cabling and looked at the post up top about which rail is which and saw the pic, are each of those color squares identifying the +12v rails or something completely different and doesn't it really matter where I plug in the modular cables and the psu with just add power to where its needed possibly...I never looked into it really with psu's just got what was sufficient.

It will auto balance if it needs to. You should be fine.

Archived