Corsair Community

memory failed memtest86+

lectrospin

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

i'm not sure how to do set it to 2.75 volts, the bios only seems to have an option for low, medium, high DRAM voltage but i tested them seperately on two different systems with optimal default BIOS settings. The one above and an intel pentium D 945 on an ASROCK 775Dual-VSTA board. One of the sticks shows errors on both systems but only when set at 400Mhz, if i clock it down to 333Mhz or 226Mhz it seems to pass at least once. However the OS on the intel system will only run stable at 226Mhz, if the memory is at 333 or 400 it BSODs with page fault errors regularly.

Archived