Corsair Community

CMS memory problems

mwsasser

I've been having problems with a CMS1024-3200 module that I believe to be bad. I'd been having some strange memory error messages in windows xp that I'd simply ignored for a while. Eventually the system just flaked out. The original memory stick was in slot 1 and I had another of the same in slot 2. I tried removing either of them to see if that fixed the problem. This particular memory stick seemed to be the culprit. I have moved the stick from slot 2 into slot 1 and have no problems with it. I have since ordered a third CMS1024-3200 and put it into slot 2. Still I have no problems. If I put this one back into the motherboard, the system eventually fails on me.

I'm posting this because the RMA form on the Corsair website seemed to require it. Is there anything else I need to do before returning it?

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived