Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 with ASUS P5W DH DELUXE

DualMonitors

Hi! I'm about to build a new machine with:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE

Core 2 Duo E6600

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (either 2 sets of 2x1gb for a total of 4gb or 1 set of 2x1gb for a total of 2gb)

etc.

My concern is despite the thorough research i did, including on Corsair's own website stating explicitly that the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 is 100% suitable for the Asus P5W DH deluxe, I've been reading so many people with HUGE issues and slow return service.

I really don't want to be delayed for 1-2 weeks during my PC building process due to faulty high end memory! even if i were to buy 2 sets of 2x1gb, and if one set is faulty, i can use the 2nd set. if the 1st set is fine, i have the OPTION but not requirement to open the 2nd set or return it back to New Egg. BUT, there's a 15% restocking fee so that is about $30.

I have no idea why a high end memory like these would have so many problems? I am planning to order everything today, Sunday, 2/18/07 from New Egg so they can get the items out the door on Monday, 2/19/07.

May I please ask what Corsair's situation / policy is vis-a-vis these "non functional" sticks of higher end ddr2 6400 2x1gb sets of memory? If i buy them and put them in the system and they don't work, i'd be stuck for weeks!! I read so many of the frustrated customers on so many forums!

Wouldn't Corsair recall ALL the inventory of these sets from New Egg and have them tested right away and then repackage and send them back to New Egg? Wouldn't that be more effective than all these frustrated customers and unhappy current and potential customers?

I'm ready to buy ALL my components today, Sunday (place my order with New Egg) so I found out about the complaints a bit late.

I'd be grateful for any practical responses.

Many thanks in advance.

Wouldn't Corsair recall ALL the inventory of these sets from New Egg and have them tested right away and then repackage and send them back to New Egg? Wouldn't that be more effective than all these frustrated customers and unhappy current and potential customers?

read through the forums for more info. In a nutshell, they already did this, and didn't find any issues.

Archived