Hi,

I just reciently built a new computer system and my specs are:

P5N32-E SLI PLUS

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Evga 7900gt

Antec 550 pws

2 western digital raptors Raid 0

Plextor 716a dvd Drive

After putting my system together and updating the bios to 0402 (haven’t tried 0501 yet) I am still having problems with the memory. I am getting random reboots. I changed the settings in the bios to 4-4-4-12 and memory voltage to 2.1volts. I am still getting random reboots. When I put the memory to AUTO it runs fine but the timings are 5-5-5-15, which isn’t right for this pair of ddr2 memory modules.

After reading many posts I think one of the modules is not working correctly. Tomorrow, I will be running Memtest just to make sure there are no errors on the memory.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

pfab

While in windows transferring a large file the computer would freeze up and I would have to reboot manually. So I ran memtest with these settings 4-4-4-12 2t @ 2.1volts. Around 98% of the tests completed the program halted and did not complete. I booted into windows and saw that asus probe was telling me that my voltage for my memory was a little higher then 2.1. I went into the bios changed the voltage to 2.05 and now asus probe shows 2.1volts. I tried to copy the same file and no freezes. I am hoping that memtest will complete and I will find no errors on the memory.

pfab

Archived