Corsair Community

Help TWIN2X2048-6400C4D + Striker Extreme

khildram

Hi,

I'm back again, I bought (again!) some Corsair memory : TWIN2X2048-6400C4D (two 1GB modules) and I have problems (again!... ok last time it was a dual-channel issue, my bad) hopefully, you guys know all about problems.

I bought them to install a new system :

ASUS Striker Extreme (updated to BIOS 0910)

ASUS Geforce EN8800GTX

Intel Core2Duo E6400 (no o/c...yet)

Zalman 9700NT

ENERMAX Galaxy 1000W

The problem is one of the two modules is preventing POST to pass and the LCD poster hangs on "DET DRAM".

This module alone is also causing the problem, when the other is not.

I can not run memtest on it, because it prevents the Post from finishing.

So I think this part is bad... Am I right?

Thanks for you quick answer,

I'll check this ASAP (I'm at work right now...).

But what is strange, is that the mobo had default settings and one stick works with default settings while the other does not.

Looks odd to me...

Anyway I'll give it a try and keep you posted.

I have a similar problem, except I have the following configuration:

--Gigabyte GS-965P-DS3 (rev 1.0) with BIOS F10

--TWIN2X2048-6400C4D

--Intel E4300

--Oh-C-Z (Spell it out like it sounds. For some reason, the brand name is replaced with asteriks.) 700W PSU

--eVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB

Like the original poster, my system goes through POST with just 1 stick installed. As soon as I try with 2 sticks, it no longer goes through POST. I hear no beeps and the display is just blank. On suggestion of Gigabyte's tech support, I tried bumping up the DDR2 control voltage from "normal" to +0.1V, +0.2V, +0.3V, and +0.4V. Each increment results in a no-POST situation. I also tried swapping 1 GB sticks to make sure the 2nd stick in slot 3 for dual-channel mode is not bad. It always boots up with 1 stick but never with 2.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you

Thanks for Answer.

Is there any other Ram that works with this board on 800Mhz in 4x1GB???

Is the performance much worse with 667Mhz?

Or what kind of Ram would you commend for this board?

I need 4GB memory for Vista Ultimat 64bit, 2GB are to less for me.

Are you saying that the system will boot with either module one up but not with two installed? If Yes then I would get the MB replaced as that would suggest a problem with the memory controller.

Yes, it will boot with either module but not with both installed. I just spoke to Gigabyte tech support before I saw this message, and they suggested I ask if this particular memory model has been validated to work with the Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev 1.0) motherboard. If so, what BIOS rev and settings did you guys use?

Essentially, I would like more evidence to prove to Gigabyte this is true before I request a new motherboard.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Yes these modules will work with that system no problem, but I just noticed you have a E4300 and that CPU is an 800 FSB CPU, so you will have to run the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the voltage and timings manually.

Still no news from the RMA (done by the retailer in France) since February 23rd.

Retailer told me it would take 2 weeks if they have in stock, 4 weeks otherwise...

That's already two weeks :[pouts:

I hope to have some news soon... :praise:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived