Corsair Community

Bad TWIN2X2048-6400 Module

EmbraceUnity

I bought a set of TWIN2X2048-6400 from ZipZoomFly.com

They were working great, but then my computer started freaking out and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. Just to check, I did a memtest and what do you know, thousands of errors started to show up on only one of the modules.

I don't know what the problem was and I didnt do any serious overclocking. I have a well cooled Lian Li mid-tower case.

I would like an RMA number for just that particular module so that you guys can correct the problem for me. Luckily I still have one working module, but I miss my dual channel.

I bought the high end Corsair memory so that this sort of thing wouldnt happen. Luckily you guys seem to have a great warranty policy, so I am hoping you will come through for me.

Thanks for the reply. I didnt set any special bios settings. Using the Asus P5W DH control panel tool, I overclocked the Core 2 Duo processor from 1.8 to 2.5ghz, and I set the memory to 2.1 volts.

I don't think I had legacy bios settings on, unless they are on by default on my board. I cannot check at the moment, considering that my monitor died recently and I am on a public computer.

I can tell you that I didnt do anything funky and that the module just stopped working after having no problems for 6 months. After I removed the bad module, my computer started working perfectly again.

• Corsair Employees

Turn off the over clock and try this:

Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived