Corsair Community

Need RMA number for France

tifoutan

Hi there,

I've got one set of Corsair CM2*1024 Cas 4, but it's impossible to run at spd settings (4-4-4-12@2.1v) it's not stable and memtest failed for both stick.

I already got an rma number but I moved out recently, so I tried to get a new one via the website; but I cannot complete the form because of my address in France. It said that Corsait cannot shipped there and asked for a new address...

What am I supposed to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employee
Please reply to the email you got from customer service or send them a request at rma@corsairmemory.com and ask them to update the RMA. But if you have the same issue with both modules that might suggest some other problem. Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I did send a mail to rma@corsairmemory.com yesterday asking if I could possibly still use the old RMA with a new address. I just reply to the customer service (and a copy to rma@corsairmemory.com) and asked if it was possible to update this RMA, I gave all the details (new address, lot code, serial code...)

For the config:

asus M2N32 sli deluxe wifi

AMD 4600+

Power supply 600W and only one Asus 7900gt

I tested with all on auto so FSB 200@2400MHZ

The auto values for the ram 400 MHZ 5-5-5-18 2T@1.8v running memtest stable

I tested the SPD values for this ram 400 MHZ 4-4-4-12 2T@2.1v, no overclocking on the CPU. Both sticks are failed memtest after few seconds. (I did the testing a few months ago and I think I tested both sticks, no 100% sure however)

It's like a got a set of cas 5 insted of cas 4, even if it's written 4-4-4-12 on the sticks. Is that possible or should I run more tests?

Anyway thanks for your help :D

Hi there,

I made some testing today, and here are the results:

Booting on the floppy, I ran memtest with both stick in dual channel (slot1&2)

->severals errors before I reached the 100%

I ran it with the 1st stick slot 1

->reached 100% without errors in 21 mn

I ran it with the 2nd stick slot 1

->reached 100% without errors in 21 mn :eek:

Is my 2nd slot working fine?

->reached 100% OK

Is my dual channel working fine?

Ran it with both stick on slot 3&4

->dual channel recognized but ->severals errors before I reached the 100%

Is my mobo working fine?

->updated BIOS with the last version (0903)

I ran memtest with both stick in dual channel (slot1&2)

->severals errors before I reached the 100%

What should I do next? Test each stick on a longer period (I guess 21mn isn't a lot) to determine the faulty one?

The weird stuff is that the dual channel is working fine with less aggressive timings, and with SPD timings my computer sometimes reboots :evil:

Any idea guys?

I would suggest testing the modules in another system, especially sice you just got these back from us and the fact that both modules pass one up.

I didn't just got these back from US since I never sent my modules, that why I was asking for a new RMA number. The pb is that I don't know anyone around who is using ddr2. Is the 1st round to 100% (21 mn) with memtest enough to ensure that the dim is working properly?

Another question: Is the number of the test failed, ect.. could be usefull for someone?

• Corsair Employee

Yes it could tell us if the errors are from the memory or something else what test were you getting errors on?

Sorry I miss-understood that this was a second RMA!

And what is the complete system configuration including the make and model of PSU?

I got 4 errors on test 5. I can rurn it again if you'd like me to be more precise.

My psu is a Seasonic S12 600W, config

asus M2N32 sli deluxe wifi

AMD 4600+

one Asus 7900gt

2*raptor 74G raid0, 1*200Go and 2*320Go

CPU and GPU watercooled.

I'd like to add that I ran the test without any overclocked timings.

Thks

• Corsair Employee
Errors in test 5 would suggest some other problem, do you have the latest bios? I would try and re-flash it from DOS and load setup defaults and set the tested settings for the modules you have and test them again one up. And you have to disable legacy USB with this MB when running any memory test but I would suggest http://www.memtest.org Ver. 1.70

Yes as I said before I already flashed the bios with the newest available one. (However I did flash it via windows with the asus update utility) I did not loaded the default settings but put all auto except manual SPD timings for the modules.

I did not disable legacy usb in the bios neither. I'll have a go tomorrow but I don't think this will resolve my problem :bigeyes:

Do you know what is the test N°5 actually testing?

I'll write down the errors message and post it, it might be helpfull.

PS: I still don't have any answer to my emails :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee
Do you know what is the test N°5 actually testing?

Please see

What is memtest86+, what do I use it for?

PS: I still don't have any answer to my emails

Its a long holiday weekend and we are not in the office, we will get back after tomorrow at 8:00 AM Pacific time.

And please check you manual, you should load setup default from the exit menu any time you make hardware or firmware changes and for sure you might get errors in memtest.org if you do not disable legacy USB, this is a known issue.

Hi

I flashed the BIOS via DOS with the latest one.

I loaded default settings.

I disabled legacy usb and manually set SPD timings and voltage (4-4-4-12 2T @2.1V)

I ran memtest (v1.70) from the floppy for 1h10min:

->12 errors on test 5

Next step? :sigh!:

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

I got a reply today saying that my RMA was still valid but I asked if they've got my new address (I don't know if when I first requested my RMA I had already moved out)

I'm waiting for the feedback.

Anyway Ram Guy Tks for your support. I'll let you know for sure.

Cheers;):

PS: I hoppe that Corsair will take care of the shipping cost... That's what I'm expecting from the N°1 RAM seller, with a life and international warranty :laughing:

Just a shame we don't have any real Corsair supplier here in France :roll: just a thought...:D:

The shipping you would pay to us and we will pay the shipping back to you! You might talk to your reseller and see if they will help you get the module replaced.

For sure that's not an option since there's only one way to get the bad modules replaced: -> via international warranty...And as for me for such expensive harware, I should NOT be paying anything. As a system administrator I'm a bit disapointed since I never payed for the shipping back of any defective harware.

Anymay Thks for your help :biggrin: Ram Guy :laughing:

PS:But I hoppe that Corsair will think of a nicer way for the (International-what? Europe why not) return of faulty modules. And pay it all.

Cheers

Archived