Corsair Community

I think I have Bad Sticks

Min

Hi. Last night I replaced my old 2 gig ram with TWIN2X2048-6400 and experienced problems with it. I had replaced these corsairs in the same exact 2 slots (yellow) as before, and encountered that blue screen indicating a possible new hardware problem. So then I decided to put the 2 corsairs in the other 2 slots (black), and got the same error msg. Then I tried to test only 1 ram into a yellow slot, and still wouldn't boot properly; however, one time I got to that black screen giving me the option to boot in safe mode or normal. What do you think? Do I have bad sticks?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Asus P5B-E

eVGA 8800 GTS

Generic 2 1gig ram

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9

Rosewill 500watt PSU

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults then set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts and then set the settings and I would set the ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 as well. Then test them again with http://www.memtest.org one at a time to be sure.

Hi. OK so I did what you suggested in my bios settings (I already had updated my bios 2 weeks ago). I ran memtest with both my modules and got countless errors almost immediately. Then I ran memtest with only one of my modules and did not encounter errors; however, when i installed the other module in the same slot as before, my computer would not even boot up. I got a completely black screen so I couldn't even run the memtest. What do you think?

Archived