Corsair Community

Hit the fan

ConsumerData

To buy ANY series of Cosair XMS 6400 series RAM over the past 9 months, the worldwide consumer must have or be the following:

1) Rich. You MUST HAVE the financial resources to to obtain mutiple, non-crossed shipped products, and be able to freely spend for different products to test with or use.

2) Have, or have access to, another fully built error free and stable PC, with net access, for information, RMA's, more research, etc. The consumer can not build from scratch, error free, using any Cosair RAM in the past 9 months (see#1).

3) Excessive amounts of non-distracted time, with a personal

tech skill level of high or above. The consumer must be his own

technician to test any and all Cosair Ram obtained in the past

9 months. Cosair DOES NOT guarentee any module or stick

to be non-DOA, or non-defective from thier own manufacturing

or QC "in-place in-house processes". (see #1).

a) Even Ebay resellers offer, many times, that the memory products

they sell USED are guarenteed non-DOA if stated.

4) Excessive amounts of knowledge if using any ASUS motherboards.

Cosair posts many known issues and sticky's directly relating to their

unpublicized or non-publically known manufacturing and engineering

issues with Asus hardware.

5) Be tolierent and fully aware that Cosair is spending big time

resources to professionally cover-up and promote damage control to the worlwide consumer on may different fronts, for known product

problems within thier XMS 6400 series ram.

THE PRECEDING IS FACT AND WRITEN IN STONE. IT REPRESENTS FACTUAL DATA COLLECTION THROUGH CONSUMER FEEDBACK FROM MANY DIFFERENT SOURCES, INCLUDING THIS FORUM AND IT'S VARIOUS BOARDS, NEWEGG.COM, AND MANY MANY THOUSANDS OF DIRECT BUYING AND DUPED CONSUMERS IN THE PAST 9 CALENDAR MONTHS.

• Corsair Employees

Well this again is totally not true!

However, if you have a problem with our module let me know the problem and I will be happy to help you get it solved.

And you have to consider a few things when you look at any information on the web or any ones site. You are making some assumptions based on the reports of problems with a few people out of tens of hundresds of thousands of people who have purchased our modules, and to be honest I am surprised the number of people having problems is not larger considering all of the sub-standard hardware I see in the market that can affect the over all performance of system's, and the volume we sell. However, I watch the number's every week and I can tell you that our return rate for these parts is very low and below average. There is no company that I know of that goes thru the quality control that we do in development and production with our products.

Bottom line if our modules will not run at the advertised spec in an approved platform we will be happy to replace them. That being said, there is no way we can guarantee that every MB even the same model that's listed in XMS Qualification and Testing will be able to run with really tight timings! There are just too many variables that enter into the equation and may have an affect on the end result!

• Corsair Employees

What exactly are you talking about?

Please call us at 800-205-7657 and ask for Ram Guy on Tuesday if I am busy please leave your real name and number and I will be happy to call you personally. But there are no facts to support your claims that I have seen.

Archived