Corsair Community

Bad Memory

ponyboy32

I have just recently been getting excessive errors while playing games and using other applications. I first tried re-installing the games/apps but they ended up erroring during installation.

I decided to run memory test from http://www.memtest.org and after letting it run for 4+ hours it showed that 10 errors had occurred during the test. I took out the memory sticks and banks 3 & 4 and attempted to re-install the games/applications that were not working prior. I was able to successfully re-install them and have been using them without error for over 2 weeks now. Though I now have 1GB less of memory in my system. What is my next step?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry what is the exact part# of your Modules and what is the system configuration, and did you try setting the memory voltage and timings to the tested settings and testing the modules one at a time? And with 4 modules you may need to slow the memory down because of loading on the memory controller.

The following information is listed on my memory modules:

CMX512-3200C2

XMS3202v5.2

0540068-0

I'm not sure what you mean by system configuration but I have:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz Processor

ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe Mobo

Geforce 6600 PCI-E video

C-Media Onboard Sound

I did not test the modules one at a time, I test them in pairs because I was told they needed to be in pairs. Everything has worked fine on my system for 2 years now until 2 weeks ago. When I did the memory test, the first pair of modules had no errors and the second pair had multiple.

Archived