Corsair Community

my usb flash voyager 512mb 2.0 becoming prolific usb drive??? how come?please help

fire_exit

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 5 months later...

:idea: S/n of my drive is 0626365-0 or 626CASOG, it's a 4GB drive. WinXP shows the disc connected, "prolific" drivers are automatically installed - instead of normal "corsair usb flash drive" . Then drive led is blinking fast for a long time, drive is unresponsible, cannot be formatted (neither in windows disk manager, nor in EZ - it shows message "write protected", but capacity is detected OK).

And now the best of it all: On my other computer with WinXP at work EVERYTHING IS ALL RIGHT!!! So what i thing, this may be some detection error in WinXP, then instalation of wrong drivers (Prolific), and then every next time WinXP uses automatically the wrong drivers.

What is the solution? Can you provide a WinXP driver files for download and some guide how to install them manually? I think I'm quite experienced user/admin, so manual change of drivers will not be a problem for me, I hope :-)

R-Man

• Corsair Employees

We use Prolific and SMI mostly its SMI for these drives now.

If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

We use Prolific and SMI mostly its SMI for these drives now.

If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

As I wrote, problem is probably not in hardware, but in WinXP detection. The only think which may help me, is to choose another driver, but how in WinXP this can be done?

Hello,

after a few days I had a time to tell you a few things :-)

RMA is not a solution, because when I try to test it in computer shop where I have bought the flashdisc, they told me that the Voyager is OK. As I wrote before, I have tried it at work on another computer, and it's also OK. So I've tried to reformat it at work, and then try to connect at home, and it's OK too!!!

I can not understand what is different between my computers at work and at home, this is magic :-)

Archived