Corsair Community

VS512 not working

rh29

hello and greetings from germany

i hope my english is good enough so nobody dies at laughing.

last week my pc quits working and after that just run for a few minutes or neither starts. after reducing the DDR-ram core from 400mhz to 333mhz it runs 20minutes and then the same trouble starts again.

so i tried to remove anything not necessary from the pc (optical drives, second hard drive etc.) and started with only one ram modul. now it doesn't happen anything (power on, but black screen, no speaker signal). then i changed the modules and tried the second ram, it works fine allone and now i am able to use my pc but only with 512mb ram.

after that i tried the poor module in an other pc from a friend, the same effect, it doesn't run anyway. so my resume is that this module is broken.

now i went to "media markt" multimedia store where i bought the rams some years ago to ask for warranty. they told me that it is not their problem cause its more than 2 years ago that i bought it. (it was in january 2005 and i returned in february 2007, 4 weeks to late...)

so now i am here to get some information how i can use warranty.

at the warranty site i read that i just have to ask here for problem solving before i can complete the RMA form.

are there some special hints to complete this form?

many thanks for answers

rh29

i filled out the rma form 4 days ago but still didn't received an email! not normally neither in junk email!

what should i do now?

maybe fill out it again?

:!: :!: :!: PLEASE HELP ME WINDOWS XP WITH 512MB RAM ISN'T FUNNY:!: :!: :!:

• Corsair Employees
Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" So please call on Tuesday or send them an email.

Archived