Corsair Community

Asus 5pn32-e Sli Plus + Twin2x2048-9136c5d = No Go???

Vladg

Hi! I just assembled my new rig: P5N32-E SLI Plus with X6800 and the expensive Corsair Dominator memory PC2-9136. The system automatically configured it at 800Mhz and it runs stable in all tests. However, when I try to use the advertized settings, the system could not boot to Windows, and sometimes not even POST! I set clock to 1142 (or use SLI Memory=Enable), then manually change everything to specifications: Voltage =2.1V, timings 5-5-5-15-2t. Even 6-6-6-18-2t doesn't work.

The best I can run stable is 900Mhz 4-4-4-12-1t 2.1v. I read that P5N-e SLI board cannot run memory clock above 1000Mhz (http://techgage.com/print/asus_p5n-e_sli) - does my new board have the same bug??? I could not find anybody on the web running my setup...

Anybody having similar issues or have a suggestion? If I need to RMA - is this likely to be the mobo's or the memory's problem? I tried 0302 and 0402 BIOS - same thing. I'll try one stick at a time tonight... Thank you for any advice!

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then set SLI Ready Memory to Expert and do not over clock your CPU should be all you have to do! Also with the Config you gave you need to have an aboove average PSU, our HX520W Minimum or 600 Watt if some other maker.

Thanks, RAM GUY, for answering. I do not overclock and I tried both original BIOS 0302 and beta 0402. I have 600 watt Enermax Noisetaker with 2 x 18A rails. I have two IDE hard drives and Soundblaster Audigy 2 in PCI, so I hope there is enough power for the system. One my concern is that this motherboard is pretty new and has a hybrid chipset rather than 680i. You do not have it in the Memory Configurator - the list only has P5N32-E SLI (Non-Plus) version. Did Corsair ever check this board with the PC2-9136 Dominators? Thank you!

• Corsair Employees

You need to check with the maker of that Video card to be sure the PSU you have is compatible, but I think you need to have at least 24 Amps on one rail for that Card.

And are you getting errors in http://www.memtest.org? And have you tested the modules one at a time and I think the P5N32-E SLI is up to 0701 on the Bios and I would suggest 0602 is the best released version as I remember.

I did try one stick at a time, but i don't have a floppy to run memtest. i did run Orthos overnight at 900 4-4-4-8 1t settings and got no errors. trying 930 gave me errors after 5 minutes. My motherboard is not P5N32-E SLI, it's P5N32-E SLI *PLUS* and the latest BIOS for it is 0501. I tried it today, but same story - hangs loading Windows and even BIOS.

Actually, do you think 1142 5-5-5-15 2t will be any faster than my current 900 4-4-4-8-1t? I tired 1066 5-5-5-15 2t, and it is 0.6 seconds slower doing 1M SuperPI...

Archived