Corsair Community

Corsair Value Select went bad

f575gtc

Hello, I bought a stick of 512mb Corsair Value select ram, and the ram worked well for about 5 days, after that it stopped working. What happens now is right after my XP boot screen the PC just restarts. I am not overclocking the ram or anything, its in my celeron system so I run stock settings.

These are my exact specs

Asus P4V533-MX mobo

Corsair Value Select 512mb

350watt Powersupply

40gb WD hdd

Asus 9600XT 128mb

I think the stick just went bad,I tested the same stick in a different system and it also did the same thing, I know not all electronics can be perfect, I have Corsair XMS ram in my other AMD system and I love it runs fast and its stable and reliable, all I buy now is Corsair.

This is whats on the stick

Corsair ValueSelect

VS512MB266

4663-0553077-5-5693807

oh and by the way I purchased the ram at http://www.newegg.com

Thanks For the Help

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

yep I put the single 256mb stick in there and the system runs fine (slow cause its only 256mb , but boots and runs)

with the single 512mb stick the pc just keeps looping and restarting.

and I already tried memtest, sorry for not mentioning it, it failed the memory right on the first pattern.

I already tried getting an RMA number with the express tech support, but I never got an RMA number :( I did this on sunday and I still don't have an responses

• 3 weeks later...

hello, I have a question, I sent my ram in for an RMA on 2/14/07, and I have never recieved a replacement or any info from Corsair's RMA dept.

I figured 3 days to get there 3 days to work on it and 3 days for it to come back but thats still only up to the 24th of Feburary.

To make matters worse, any email sent to be from Corsair gets thrown into my bulk email which deletes the mail after 2 weeks, so I dont have my RMA case # anymore.

I have been checking my bulk and inbox though since I sent it and I have not recieved any additional emails from corsair, so is there anyway to find out whats up? all I have for proof right now is the memory numbers.

BTW I did have the memory inssured so thats one sigh of relief.

Archived