Corsair Community

Asrock Conroe X-fire and Corsair TWINX 5400c4 2gb

nology

Hi, I'm back again with a new motherboard and the same memory.... I again can't get both sticks to work together. Each stick seems to work separately (as when i had my gigabyte board) but they just dont work together/in dual channel. I tried changing the timings and voltage as i did to get them working with my gigabyte mobo but no luck this time with my Asrock board.

Please help!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

And if you contuinue to have this problem there might be some other problem, like is your PSU big enough for the system configuration you have?

The memory worked in my gigabyte board after a lot of playing around with voltage and timing...so the sticks should be fine. :confused:

I have the latest bios, and i have set the timings manually. The voltage options Ii have are 'VCCM (Dram) Voltage' which i can manually set to 'Auto/Lower/Higher' and another setting '+1.5V Voltage' which I can set to 'Normal/Lower/Higher'

I tried playing around with all these settings but can't get into Windows...its boots fine but reboots before windows loads.

And my PSU is 650W

Archived