Corsair Community

one bad 1024gb 3200c2

zellerli

Dear Corsair Cutomer Support

I am from Germany and I use Corsair as my RAM supplier for my PCs. Recently I have been having problems with my RAM.

My computer did not boot. It said: "Bios checksum error". So i installed the latest Bios using a boot disc, but the error occurred again. Then I began checking every single component.

My computer booted correctly without the defective one of the two TWINX 1024GB 3200C2 RAM modules. I checked the mainboard (Asus A8N-SLI Premium) RAM adapter to which the defect RAM module was connected: it worked correctly with the other module.

I can defenitely say that all components of my system are ok, all but that RAM module.

Who should I contact to help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thanks for your help.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have

check

I set the timings to the recommended 2.5-3-3-6 (Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+) and the Dim Voltage to 2.75V.

and then test the module/modules one at a time withhttp://www.memtest.org![/Quote]

check

Memtest didn't find any errors on the working RAM module. But it found about 1.000.000 errors on the defect one.

I also tried the defect module in another PC (Asus K8V Deluxe, Athlon 64 3000+) but it did not work.

I will now follow your link ;)

Archived